Construction plan Fix Step
with closed gap
With the megawood® Fix Step System, we offer you a continuous and sophis-ticated system from the clickable construction beams to the locking clamp. This system is characterised by simple handling and fast laying. Time-con-suming preparation work tasks such as pre-drilling in concrete are now a thing of the past. Your megawood® construction plan will tell you just how this can be done. With the megawood® Fix Step System, you have chosen the easiest way to lay your deck, irrespective of whether you want an open or closed gap. Thanks to its lightness, the Fix Step is also suitable for a floating laying style on roof terraces. And with the variable height adjustment, even existing, or uneven paved area are perfectly built over in the shortest of times.
megawood® Groove strip
megawood® Smooth edge board
FIX STEP - Variable hights
Laying on mitres for L, U, O-shaped terraces
Use of the mitre profile. Double sub-construction along the 45° section. Insert sealing tape into the mitre joint on both sides. Only push the floorboard into the mitre profile by 10 mm in order to ensure the expansion.
- Attach the Fix Step fixtures centrally using a strip of retaining band, click into the panels and position, ensure the height adjustment is identical.
- Position the FIX STEP DUO edge panels at the start of the terrace, distribute the FIX STEP standard fixtures in a parallel manner – pay attention to distances!
- Position further FIX STEP DUO edge panels at the end of the terrace.
- If required, turn the external FIX STEP panels in order to prevent a protrusion of the construction beams.
- If the terrace width is greater than 360 cm, always arrange the construction beam joints in an offset manner.
- Cut the connecting clip to 32 cm, connect the beam joints with this clip and then tightly screw on one side.
- Position the smooth edge boards and construction beam joints in the same location.
- Recess the connecting clip measuring 2 cm in width and 1 cm in depth in order to assemble the smooth edge board in the area of the screw connection at a later date – Align the construction beams exactly!
- Assemble construction beam units measuring 8 cm in length complete with assembly clip at the start and end of each construction beam.
- Screw double pieces on to the terrace corners using two assembly clips, indent the DUO panel where necessary.
- Frontal side and longitudinal side assembly of the smooth edge boards.