Construction concrete edge stone
with open gap
Laying on old terraces
Construction at floor level
The terrace deck is constructed at a deeper level so the structure forms a single level with the surrounding ground surface. May only be constructed as a deck with open gap in order to ensure ventilation. A min. distance of 4 cm between the construction beams and rising, solid components must always be observed. A min. distance of 2 cm between the floorboards and rising, solid components must always be observed. Not suitable for Signum and Dynum floorboards if sufficient ventilation/rear ventilation cannot be ensured.
Laying on roof terraces
- Evenly distribute the construction beams (40 x 60 mm) transversely to the concrete edge stones, pay attention to a 5 cm protrusion.
- Arrange two beams respectively at the start and the end. Lay 10 mm rubber pads beneath the construction beams, compensate for possible gradient differences using further rubber pads.
- In the event of a terrace width greater than 360 cm, always arrange the construction beam joints in an offset manner (distance of 1 cm).
- Cut the connecting clip to 32 cm, connect the beam joints with this clip and then tightly screw on one side.
- Screw the ends of the construction beams throughout the entire edge area. Screw the two outer as well as the central construction beams with every second concrete edge stone. Cut the construction beams to size, ensuring they are flush.
- Saw into the construction beam, lock the locking clamp edge in the groove.
- Insert the first floorboard into the house connection profile (optional), then push into the positioned edge clamps. Place the locking clamps on to the construction beam, lock using pliers („Zammer“ tool), push into the floorboard groove.
- If there is a groove in the construction beam, it may be necessary to use a groove bridge in order to also be able to securely fasten the locking clamp in the gap area.
- Take an intermediate measure after every three rows of floorboards and attach locking clamps to the construction beams in every third row of floorboards, repeat up until the penultimate floorboard.